Thursday, February 19, 2009

Being injured sucks....

If anyone has experienced or have had to train with plantar fasciitis I'd really appreciate your comments! I've read lots about it and tried what seems like everything...except take a break from running which I really don't want to do! I have to run the Boston marathon in exactly 2 months from tomorrow...every day I experience emotions based on how my foot is feeling when I first get out of bed in the morning and stand up...this morning I was like sweet, pretty much pain free...yet monday morning I could barely walk after my 32km on sunday...my heel was pissed which made me pissed...and sad. Being injured really sucks and this is the first time in so long that I've had an injury and boy do I hate it.

I seem to do much better when I run every second day so I guess i'm going to stop trying to do back to back to back days of running and focus more on swimming and strength/core as well...yes i'm starting to get back into the pool...tonight is my first night back! I'm quite excited...funny how something that was such a huge part of my life growing up just ended and I haven't really been back since. I'm also hoping that if I continue to go that it'll get me even more excited about triathlons...and i figure it's definitely great crosstraining for running and with no rough impact to the body...should be nice. I'll let you know how it goes...I think i'll be happy if I manage 1500m tonight...in the past when I've gotten ideas to get back into swimming, I make it about 1200m and get completely bored out of my mind! Then I start doing lots of kick because I LOVE kick...could kick forever I think! :)

Anyhow...I hope everyone is having a better week of running and training than I am!
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Getting bored swimming - are you taking a set workout with you or 'just swimming?' There are lots of sites out there with pre-planned workouts that may help to make it NOT so boring. I'm with you on the kick and could do it forever. Contrary to what many tri plans will tell you, kicking is still king and it's good for you! Plantar fasciitis - one of the few I HAVEN'T HAD. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete