Susi tagged me in this little game that's been going around in blogland...I don't often fill these things out when I get them in emails but I figured what the heck...
The rules are:
1. Fill it out
2. Change one question with one of your own
3. Add an additional question
4. Tag 3 other people to do the same
1. What are your current obsessions? Running (duh, can't get enough) and food...oh and hopefully in the near future triathlon :)
2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often? When i'm not at work it's usually something from LuluLemon...I love that store and they've taken way too much money from me...sigh...
3. Last thing you bought for myself? A ton of running shoes at the New Balance outlet store in Boston! :)
4. What’s for dinner? When you say dinner, do you mean supper? Because in Newfoundland we also call lunch dinner...so for lunch i'm having a turkey sandwich with carrots and roasted red pepper hummus, and for supper i'm having an old time favorite - tomato soup and grilled cheese baby!!
5. Say something to the person who tagged you: Susi, you totally crack me up and if we ever meet I think we'd be instant friends! One day when I finally get my butt in gear for triathlon I hope to get out for a ride with you...and hopefully be able to keep up! :) I always looks forward to reading your posts as there's always something there I feel I can relate to!
6. What is one item you could not live without? My ipod...which i'm actually having to live without right now as it's not working :( It's making me very unhappy and I just might have to go buy a new one!!
7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die? There's way too many on my list...New Zealand, South America, Norway, Italy, Greece, Spain, Vietnam....
8. What is your most immediate short term goal: To not run for the rest of the week...it's very hard to do but my body is not happy and is telling me it needs more recovery time... :(
9. What are you reading right now? I just started a new book 2 days ago called "The Dim Sum of All Things"...not far enough in to know how I feel about it yet.
10. What is the last movie you saw and enjoyed? I have to say for a good chick flick it was "He's Just Not That Into You" because well...that's my life and I could relate on so many levels haha, and on the plane back from Boston I watched "SlumDog Millionaire" which was a really awesome flim.
11. What’s your guilty pleasure? Unfortunately I have to admit "Gossip Girl"...i'm not a big tv watcher...but i'm obsessed with that show...it's definitely the highlight of my monday nights!
12. What’s your favorite smell? My dog (minus the wet dog smell), fresh cut grass, chlorine, and BBQ - the smell that taunts me on my evening runs....
13. Whats something you look forward to? Many things...I'm super excited for my trip home to Newfoundland in 2 weeks (first time i've been back in 2 years). I'm hugely excited for my first hike of the season (hopefully this weekend) and any hiking/camping trips I have planned for the rest of the summer. And i'm super duper pumped for my Transrockies Trail race with my brother in Colorado this August!!
14. Favorite Quote? This quote from both Amber and Chad's blog has quickly become my favorite... "Live more than your neighbors. Unleash yourself upon the world and go places. Go now. Giggle, no, laugh. No...stay out past dark and bark at the moon like the wild dog that you are. Understand that this is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. Your life. Face your fears and live your dreams. Take it all in. Yes, every chance you get. Come close. And by all means, whatever you do, get it on film." Jon Blais "Blazeman"
15. What is your dream job? To get paid to do what I love - run!
16. Whats one thing you can't go a day with out doing? Checking my email unfortunately
17. What do you have an addiction to? Chocolate and Cookies...neither of which I can have in my house....they are drugs to me!
18. Do you like to dress up in costumes? NOPE...hate it...probably because i've never in my life had a good costume idea...
19. How many pairs of shoes (not just running) do you have?? A ridiculous amount...oh wait, I should have also put shoes under an addiction of mine...as well as an obsession...I couldn't even guestimate right now on a number.
20. Tell us one random thing about you. I'm sensitive about Newfoundland and get offended when people make fun of us or call us "goofy newfies"...not cool.
21. Why did you start your blog? Because there were many blogs that I was already reading and I could relate to everyone on so many levels. I love the comments and support everyone gives each other...and well, most of my friends are not runners or triathletes so they think i'm a little nuts. It's nice to talk to other people who are as crazy about their sport as I am!!
22. Question I've added - What is the best race experience you've had so far? I actually have to admit it was Boston...not just because I qualified and got to go to a race that's been a goal of mine for years...but because I actually ran the best race of my life (so far)...I felt pretty great throughout, ran the entire marathon without stopping once, killed the hills, didn't bonk or have any real low point at any time during the race, PB'd, and BQ'd...it was totally kick ass!
Tag You're It!!