Friday, January 11, 2013

Ready for another great year!

2013 is going to be great. I can feel it. I'm excited. There is lots to look forward to...to plan, to train for, to enjoy, to travel.

2012 wasn't too shabby either. I raced a lot and had a lot of great outcomes - my most satisfying being the Canadian Death Race. It was epic! I was pumped with my final result - 2nd place overall female - and was chasing down the 1st place female all day. I had a fab crew (my brother, his wife and kids).

While last year was awesome and I raced my little heart out, i'm ready to train hard hard hard and look forward to a few less races this year. I want to focus on my A races and in between just train. None of this "Training race" business I was up to last year. I'm going to listen better to my body, train better, recover better, and hopefully see even better outcomes in the end!

Aside from a couple of half marathons i've signed up for over the winter, my A races are a short list:

1. Calgary Marathon - May 26 - Sub 3 hours please. I would be pumped with a sub 3:05 but I can't say that a sub 3 hour marathon isn't a goal of mine. So why the heck not - i'm putting it out there right now!

2. Sinister 7 Ultra - July 6 - 148km of magic out at Crowsnest Pass. 23km longer than the Death Race. The more I read about this race, the more stoked I am. I've got 6 months to get myself dialed in for that race! I raced Leg 5 last year as part of a team and it was awesome. It may have been 30 degrees and I saw soloists dropping like flies out there - but that just adds to the challenge now doesn't it.

Ok those are my big A races. But wait, there's more ... For some unknown reason I recently started thinking more and more about the Death Race again. Why? I don't know. I've been there, done that...got a sweet crystal skull to prove it. But wouldn't it be awesome to take another crack at it... yes, 4 weeks in between these two big ultras is not much time to recover and get back into the game. But I think I can do it.

I'm thinking about it...hard. Registration is coming up at the end of the month...i'll let you know my decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment