Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Daydreams

I like to read running blogs...they inspire me...i like to know what's going on in the trailrunning world...but i definitely hate being on the sidelines...and not really making any race plans. It's frustrating. There was a time when I used to spend a lot of time daydreaming about this race or that race and if i could fit this race in etc...now I daydream about the training I wish i could do...and running 30km for fun again...and when my next race might be and if i'll be in shape like I was before my injury first appeared 16 months ago. Dang I hope so...there are so many cool races and trail runs i want to do...i've just scratched the surface...1 season of trailrunning/racing under my belt...what a tease!

Running is coming along...albeit slowly...what used to be an "easy" or moderate pace is now hard...a 10 km run is long for me...i miss the days when a short run was like 20km! All my runs have been feeling pretty slow and puttering along and last night I was fed up with it. I decided to pick up the pace and see what these legs/feet could do! I have to say, it was the best i've felt running in a long long time...almost felt like the good ol days...almost...like i might finally be starting to get back to what I feel is normal for me!

Seems like everyone out there is posting their big fancy race plans for the upcoming season...and i'm still deciding what my first race might be...

2 comments:

  1. Patience,It takes a while to come back to your past years fitness.We are all living to get back to where we once were at. It has become a yearly cycle for me to get back to where I was at the year before. Glad to see that youi are still hungry to race.As I said....Be Pateient!!!Cam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there and am going through the same thing. After backing off for a year waiting for a hamstring to heal, I have started doing a series of shorter runs more frequently and am slowly easing up to longer distances.

    I guess we can only do what feels right with our bodies and move on. I have found it kind of liberating not having a race scheduled, still running but no pressure to keep a training schedule. It makes running pure and fun again.

    ReplyDelete