Sunday, January 9, 2011

C-C-C-Cold in Calgary

This weekend marked the beginning of another cold spell in Calgary and it only continues to get colder as our week progresses. I think today was a high of -16 C with a windchill of -28 C. Ugh. Anyhow, we have a long winter ahead of us so i'm trying not to dwell on the weather too too much. Best to just bundle up and get out there anyhow.

I decided to not have a workout or run today and took it easy...especially after surviving my first day back on the weights yesterday and waking up pretty dang sore. It's weird as i find when i get out of the habit of lifting weights i don't miss them at all...and once i start doing them again i always wonder why i stopped. It's nice to feel strong so i'm going to work hard at getting that back.

After having an unplanned afternoon nap I woke around 3:30 and decided to bundle up and take Logan out for a nice long walk. I put on my biggest down jacket and my ski pants, made myself a yummy latte and off we went! I love that I don't have a wussy dog when it comes to winter. Logan had a blast!

Standing on McHugh Bluff with a wintery downtown Calgary in the distance


All the ski hills around here received a bunch of snow this week/end and I really really wanted to go but Andrew has been sick since before New Years Eve and just can't shake this cold/flu. It probably would have been damn cold on the hill today anyhow so lets hope for next weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I'm not sure who's more adorable...you or your doggy!?! Happy New Year Deb!
    Leslie (and Keith over my shoulder...)

    ReplyDelete