Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Extra long weekend!

This past weekend was the Family Day holiday weekend in Alberta...a made up day to give us a holiday in february I guess. Hey, no complaints, I'll take it! Aside from it already being a long weekend, I had my scheduled friday off as well! Sweet! Andrew and I joined about 12 of his friends on a ski trip in Golden, BC at Kicking Horse Resort. For some reason I didn't take any pictures on this trip but here's a picture I found of the house we stayed in right on the hill...sigh, so beautiful...it's for sale and can be yours for only 1.2 million dollars...eeek!!!


We left Calgary on thursday afternoon for the fairly short 2.5 hour drive to Golden. It was a beautiful warm day in Calgary...perfect for a road trip! :) The drive flew by and we were there in no time. It wasn't long after we arrived that I started on my first beer of the evening...and then another...and another...uh oh...yeah, I think everyone was pretty excited on the first evening there and we all had a wee bit too much to drink! That and spending some extended time in the hot tub with 12 of your new best friends might have something to do with it :) Needless to say...I was not feeling too hot on the gondola the next morning. On a good day a gondola often makes me feel queasy...so being hungover on top of that was not a good thing!

On friday night after a good day of skiing off the hangovers, a feast was prepared. Andrew just happens to have a turkey deep fryer and he brought it along. So there was turkey, stuffing, carrots, yams, and more. Delicious!!! That and an earlier bed time with minimal drinks had me waking up early and ready to go at 9 for ski day number 2! After skiing was more of the same...some hot tubbing, some drinks, some great food and company....

Sunday we woke up and started on the long clean up process as we had to be out by 11 that morning. Once that was done we all headed to the diner in Golden before heading back to Calgary. When we got home I was pretty happy to see Logan. My good friends Leanne and Jason were kind enough to take care of him all weekend. Stupid me never though that the kennels would be booked up over the long weekend! Apparently Logan behaved very well and I'm pretty sure he didn't want to leave! His best friend Charlie the Westie lives there and i'm sure they played all weekend. Here's a pic of Logan on his last night there actually jamming himself in Charlie's bed where he apparently slept the entire night! Too funny.


On "family day" Monday I managed to fit a 19km run into my busy day of watching the Olympics. I think watching that before my run got me all fired up and it ended up being quite a speedy one. I loved it! Other than that, it was a very relaxing day with much of this....

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend.That's the funniest picture of Logan since the one with the apron.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been a terrific long weekend! Love the picture of Logan trying to fit into the Westie bed. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete