Monday, August 17, 2009

It's Show Time!!

Guess i've been a lazy blogger laterly...sorry about that! But i've been a busy girl :) A couple of days after my last post I went on our annual work "team building" trip. It was great! This year we went to Vancouver Island and it was beautiful. I haven't been there in a lonnnng time and really don't remember a whole lot.

It was a pretty awesome trip...definitely didn't feel like a typical work trip or anything like that...just got to hang out with a bunch of great people and do lots of fun things! We went to the beach...got to go see some huge huge trees in Cathedral Grove...went on a whale tour (and saw hump backs and gray whales!!)...ate some fabulous food every day and had an evening of wine tasting! Does that sound like work to you? Heck no!! Here are a couple of pics from the trip...there are definitely better ones floating around at work but this is all I have right now!


Playing at the beach - Tribune Bay


Loving the starfish! :)

Big ass trees!

This is a little blurry but you get the idea of how big this tree is!! It was beautiful at Cathedral Grove!!

At Hot Springs Cove...HOT HOT HOT Springs!!! I did some pretty big runs while I was on the Island so it felt pretty damn good to get in!

My good friend Beth and I on the zodiac for the whale tour!! Yup, we had to wear survival suits...it was pretty chilly out there so I didn't mind...kept us nice and warm!

So that's a quick recap of my trip to Vancouver Island. We were gone for 5 days and it flew by! It was nice to come back and only have to work 2 more days till the weekend though! I had a really fun weekend and got in 2 great trail runs in the mountains with some friends. I'm pretty happy as my legs are feeling awesome and I guess this tapering thing really works haha. I can't wait to get down there and start racing. I'm also really excited that I get to do this with my brother as my partner and it's going to make the whole experience even better.

Steve, Kira and my 5 week old niece Julia left on saturday for the drive to Colorado. They should be in Denver by tonight and I'm going to fly in tomorrow morning and meet up with them for the 2ish hour drive to Buena Vista...where Stage 1 begins! I'm incredibly excited and can't wait to get going! I'll do my best to keep you guys updated but not sure how easy it'll be for me to do that. You might have to wait until the race is over so I can post a full report! I think they might be posting updates at the end of each Stage on how everyone is doing so you can probably follow Team Pine Line somewhere on here!

I'm on my way out for some delicious sushi and then home for some last minute power packing...I know...it's no surprise that it's the night before I leave and I still have packing to do. Ok that's it for now...wish us luck! The fun all begins at Stage 1 on Sunday, August 23rd! :)

Deb

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a really fun trip! Good luck in the big race, too! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at TR Deb! You've put in all the hard work, now it's time to have some fun.

    ReplyDelete