Thursday, April 15, 2010

it's amazing what a little run can do!

Isn't it funny how going for a run can completely turn your whole day around? I was having a pretty awful morning and didn't get a great sleep last night either so I wasn't sure how i'd feel at lunch on my run. I checked the weather before I left to change...9 degrees and sunny! You know what that means...shorts! We haven't had sun in what feels like a week...winter made a brief appearance the past week and all of a sudden I had been covering up the pasty whites again.

As soon as I stepped outside I already felt energized and right away I could tell this would probably be a fast run as my warm up was unusually faster than I normally run it. What feels like all of a sudden, i'm flying down along the Bow river...and of course I couldn't resist checking to see what my pace was...under 4:20min/kms! Clearly I had some venting to do after my morning and decided to take it out on my run! I'm glad I did cuz it felt great and i'm feeling pretty darn happy and relaxed right now!

Ahhh...it feels good...and I'm starting to remember what it feels like to run fast again...instead of what has been feeling like slow jogs for a long time now. Anyhow...the run felt great...my foot didn't complain...and my hamstring cooperated.... How do I feel now? Fantastic! The weekend is almost here and i've got some fun plans in the mountains with my two favorite Banffites...Sunshine Girl and her hubby! Stay tuned :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment